People often ask how they can be involved in foster care; the number one way to be involved is to pray. Acts 1:14 explains how the disciples were “joined together constantly in prayer”.
If we, the Christian Church, seek to step in and care for these orphaned then we need to be “joined together constantly in prayer”. This is no light task we have taken on, but if God is for us who can be against us? When we look at the broken system that is foster care today we should be deeply moved to go before our Father in prayer on behalf of all those involved.
Let’s take the first step in caring for these children, would you join in praying today?
- Pray for the biological families of these children to come to saving faith in Christ and be transformed in how they parent. Pray that God would send Godly mentors and friends to help them on their journey
- Pray for them to receive the help they need
- Pray that they would be treated well and loved by the Christians they encounter through the system
- Pray for Godly foster parents to show them Christ’s love and partner with them in working towards reunification
- Pray that they would come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior
- Pray that God would heal their wounds and hearts
- Pray for them to be safe from abuse while in foster care
- Pray for them to find a forever home either through reunification or adoption
- Pray that God would send them someone who can speak truth into their lives and help them to heal from the trauma they have encountered.
- Pray for more laborers in the field
- Pray that God would continually encourage them and strengthen them on their journey
- Pray for boldness and opportunities to share the Gospel with these children and their biological families
- Pray for their marriage to remain strong and united
- Pray for biological children living in the home, and for foster children moving in, to transition well
- Pray that they would not be discouraged as they wait
- Pray that their marriage would be unified through this time
- Pray for them to love their child as God loves their child
- Pray for them as they raise their children to have wisdom and guidance
- Pray that God would draw Godly people into the field of social work
- Pray that they would be encouraged in their job and not grow weary in doing good
- Pray for Godly judges, therapists, support staff, ect. to be involved in this process
- Pray for them to boldly live out their faith daily and for opportunities for them to share the Gospel
Please feel free to print and share this post as a tool for guiding your prayer time.